How Drug war Claimed many lives in Anambra-Photos
This happened early this morning somewhere in eastern Nigeria.
A Facebook post wrote:
Ozubulu Church Shooting: Not Invasion but a “Gang War” between Brothers Living Outside Nigeria
Immediately, the ever alert security agencies in the State swung into action to rescue the situation and a few moments later uncovered the cause of the heinous crime.
Police source confirms that it is a reprisal attack connected to a “gang war” between indigenes of Amakwa, same village in Ozubulu – who are engaged in a warfare outside Nigeria, precisely in South Africa.
1. What happened today is an unprecedented tragedy… It’s clearly unacceptable!
2. It’s has claimed the lives of very innocent people inside the Church… Very sacrilegious!
3. All the people that were injured will be treated free of charge… We will also make necessary arrangements to assist in the funeral of the dead.
4. The people of Ozubulu should go about their business normally… We’re on top of this situation.
5. We’ll arrest the people behind this crime… And deal with them decisively!
6. Don’t panic or think any invasion… This is not an invasion as some people are saying!
7. Let all churches continue with their normal activities without fear of molestation or anything… Our Churches can’t be invaded!
8. This is an isolated case… It’s caused by a feud between two brothers from this community living outside Nigeria
9. It’s very condemnable to import your quarrel from abroad into your village and worst still into the Church… It’s a sacrilege!
10. My people, don’t panic, Anambra is safe and stronger together… We will arrest all the perpetrators and deal with them!
11. This won’t happen again, not under my watch!
The governor left the scene to visit the injured being treated by more than 50 medical personnel at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi before joining worshippers at Our Lady of Assumption Cathedral, Nnewi to say special prayers for the injured and the souls of the departed.
The security agencies are presently on the trail of the perpetrators to arrest and prosecute them no matter where they are.
See source here