PayPal is a global figure when you talk about how people transfer money over the web and across countries. It is a digital platform used my million merchants and mere individuals on the internet.
If you ever had issues with PayPal; that might be a thing of the past.
This is because all the old things have passed away and all things have become new with the PayPal Nigeria administration.
For quite some years now, PayPal have added Nigeria as one of their verified countries to source for customers. This means that you no longer need the old-fashioned tweak before you get an active PayPal account in Nigeria.
You can now open and verify you PayPal account with very easy procedures. The good news is that you can open the PayPal account yourself and it is free.
Simple Procedures to Open a Verified PayPal Account in Nigeria
To open a PayPal account in Nigeria, follow the simple steps below…
- First thing you do is visit the PayPal Website here
- Click on signup…select personal or business
- Personal will be for your personal debit card and business is for your company debit card (if you have one). I suggest you click personal if this is your first time.
- After selecting personal, click continue…you should see “Nigeria” in the drop down area, your email address and password.
Go to the next page and type other details such as names, date of birth, address and phone number.
Also when filling in your address, make sure that it matches the same address details you filled when you opened a bank account
Verify your PayPal Email Account
Go to your email account and click on verify
Now, Your account is set up
Link your PayPal Account with a Card
It takes you to a page where you fill in your debit card details
Type in your card number, expiry date and the last three digits behind your debit card.
Test Your New PayPal Account
Test it by sending $10 to anyone or to your PayPal account abroad (if you have one)
You get debited in naira and you should get an alert from your local bank
Another important step required is to link your account with a card, and that is why I singled out the procedures here
How to Link a Card to PayPal Account
When you have successfully opened the paypal account, and on your first login; the account summary will appear without a card. And you will see the notification or text that asks
There are two ways to add a card to your Paypal account
The First approach
- Simply login in to your Internet banking account using your password and token
- Choose the “PayPal wallet” in the main tab and click “create PayPal wallet” on the drop down menu.
- Select which cards you wish to link to your PayPal account and which card will be the default card. Try using one card for easy reconciliation
- Press the button on your online token and confirm accordingly
- Create a password in the pop up window that appears
- Click on “agree and create account”.
- Go to your registered email account with the bank which confirms that you have created a PayPal account.
- You are done.
The Second approach:
Simply click on the ‘add car’ and fill in the information on your bank ATM card
….and you are good to go