Below are the list of Nigerian banks we will be showing how to send money through your phone to another bank account. It is not attainable with all the banks in Nigeria, but here is a list of banks that make use of their unique USSD
List of Nigerian bank USSD codes
- First Bank of Nigeria
- Access Bank
- Diamond Bank
- WEMA Bank
- Zenith Bank
- Sky bank
- Unity Bank
- Sterling bank
- Fidelity bank
- Ecobank Bank
Note: You can only transfer money with your phones to other banks with that particular phone number you opened the account with. If you have lost the phone(sim), kindly go for change of numbers in your bank.
Remember that not all banks offer this service presently but like I said earlier on, I have made a list of the banks that offer this service. Below are the list of all Nigerian bank USSD Transfer codes and how to use them.
WEMA BANK USSD TRANSFER CODE
If you are a customer with Wema Bank and you will like to transfer money from your WEMA Bank account to another account all you have to do is to dial *322*035*NUBAN*AMOUNT#. Example *322*035*1234567890*20000#.
FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA USSD TRANSFER CODE
First Bank of Nigeria is one of the first bank to offer mobile money transfer. Customers can do many transactions like pay for bills, withdraw money and make purchases. Below are the various codes to dial to perform a specific transaction using First Bank of Nigeria.
- To transfer money, simply dial *894# and select 1.
- Dial *894# and select 2 to withdraw money.
- Dial *894# and select 3 to make purchase
- Dial *894# and select 4 to pay bills.
- Dial *894# and select 5 to buy airtime.
- Dial *894# and select 7 to manage account.
GTB USSD TRANSFER CODE
GTB customers can make transfer to a GTB bank account and to other banks.
To send to a GTB bank account, customer should dial *737*1*Amount*NUBAN Account No#.E.g. *737*1*5000*1234567890#.
To other banks dial *737*2*Amount*NUBAN Account No# e.g. *737*2*2000*1234567890#.
The beneficiaries account number will be shown to you before you enter your four digit PIN. This allows you to check if the account number is correct so you won’t send the money to the wrong account.
FIDELITY BANK USSD TRANSFER CODE
To transfer money from Fidelity bank account to another bank account, dial *770*Account number*Amount#. E.g *770*0987654321*1000#
Pls note that if you are doing this for the first time, you will need to create your PIN by dialling *770#, then you enter your NUBAN Account number (Fidelity bank account number), Select a 4-digit PIN for your account.
DIAMOND BANK USSD TRANSFER CODE
If you have a Diamond bank Y’ello account, to Transfer money to any bank Dial *710*777*ACCOUNT NO*AMOUNT*PIN#.
For Diamond Y’ello to Diamond Y’ello Transfers Dial *710*710*PHONE NO*AMOUNT*PIN#.
STERLING BANK USSD TRANSFER CODE
For those banking with sterling bank before you can use the bank USSD code you first have to register by dialling *822#,a PIN will be required to perform any transaction so after the registration has been completed you will get your PIN.
With the Sterling bank USSD code you can:
- Register / Activate for your Mobile Money
- Send money to friends and family
- Top-up airtime for yourself, friends and family
- Check your balance
- Check your last three transactions
- To top-up your airtime you dial dial*822*Amount#.
- This must be done with your registered mobile number
- Maximum single amount is N2,000
- To top-up for family & friends you dial *822*Amount*Mobile Number#.
- Then select your desired service provider either Glo, MTN, Airtel and Etisalat.
- Maximum amount per transaction is N2, 000.
- To submit your BVN you dial *822*3*BVN NO#
- To submit your BVN (for Non-Interest Banking) you dial *822*4*BVN NO#.
- To get your BVN NO you dial *565*0#.
- To check your account balance you dial *822*6*A/c Number#.
- To retrieve your account number just dial *822*5#.
ZENITH BANK USSD TRANSFER CODE
To transfer money if you are using Zenith bank dial *966*Amount*Account Number# (e.g. *966*1000*1234567890#) from the phone number you registered with Zenith Bank, then follow the on-screen prompts.
In order for you to be able to use this service or any other services, you first have to register for the USSD banking service.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR ZENITH BANK USSD CODES
- First Dial *966*00# with your registered number.
- You will be prompted to enter the last 4 digits of your Debit (ATM) card number.
- The next page will display your Account Name and you will be prompted to create a 4 digit PIN.
- Confirm the 4 digit PIN.
- If successful, you will get a message “Retrieving your balance.
- You will receive an SMS with the balances on all your accounts.
You can also perform other transactions like, opening an account, checking account balance and buying of airtime through the Nigerian bank USSD codes. It’s very useful not just for transfer only.
To open an account you dial *966*0# and follow the onscreen notification. An account number will be created automatically and sent to you via SMS. Account opening forms are not required for this process. Once you sign up, look out for your ten-digit account number (NUBAN).
To check your account balance on any of your accounts, all you need to do is simply dial; *966*00# on your mobile phone and follow the on-screen notification.
To buy airtime for yourself or for your friends and family you dial *966*Amount*Mobile Number# (e.g. *966*1000*0803456789#) to buy airtime.
FCMB USSD TRANSFER CODE
For customers of FCMB who want to do transfer, all you need to do is dial *389*214#, after dialling, a welcome message will appear with these options.
- 1-Activate with card
- 2-Activate with Account
- 3-Activate with Mwallet
You are required to select option 2 by typing 2 and pressing send, after that a message will appear telling you to add your account number to the service.
You will then receive a congratulatory message telling you that you have successfully synchronized. For you to perform any transaction you will have to generate your PIN which will be sent to your phone, to do that you need to call the contact centre on 01-2798800 or you visit any FCMB branch.
For security purposes it is required for you to change your PIN to do that you dial *389*214# then you select security, under security you will select change PIN then you put in your default PIN given to you after that you enter your new four digits PIN when prompted.
After all these steps have been completed you can start using and enjoying FCMB Mobile service.
Please note that you can always Dial *389*214# for subsequent access to FCMB Mobile service.
ECOBANK USSD TRANSFER CODES
ECOBANK customers are not left out of this latest technology. Customers can do a lot more using the Ecobank ussd codes. They include
- Make instant transfers
- Check balances
- Pay bills
- Read mini-statements
- Buy airtime
To get started you dial*326# and follow the instructions on the screen.
UNITY BANK USSD TRANSFER CODES
Great news as Unity Bank has also joined the list of ban using mobile phone money transfer. Customers banking with Unity Bank can make transfer to other banks by following this simple step.
To get started you dial *389*215# and follow the instructions on the screen.
SKYE BANK USSD CODES
Skye Bank USSD mobile banking gives you secure and fast way to transfer funds to Skye bank accounts and to other bank accounts.
With Skye Bank USSD mobile banking, customers can pay for bills, check account balance, transfer funds etc.
To get started you dial *833# and follow the instructions on the screen.
So I believe that your bank was covered here. Follow the steps involved and make the transfers at your own convenience.
Latest posts by Valentine Nnanyelugo (see all)
- How To Transfer Money From One Bank To Another With Mobile Phones[All Banks’ USSD] - January 27, 2017
- 2017 Data Review: 8 Cheapest MTN Data Subscription To Go For - January 27, 2017
- Dance of the Hillary Virus|The Newly Discovered That Wipes Your Data, Never Existed - January 27, 2017