It use to be a good trouble opening a paypay account here in Nigeria, but after reading an article on the internet, I discovered a bank that have simplified the whole processes. If you really want to open up a paypal account here in Nigeria, just read on. Don’t forget to drop a comment it it helped.
What is Paypal?
PayPal is a global payment service that enables you to make payments, accept payments, and send or receive money securely on the Internet. With your PayPal account you can send and receive money, and make payments for goods and services through merchant’s website who accept PayPal as a means of payment.
Formally, the only means I know Nigerians open a PayPal account here in Nigeria is through the use of a US address. But, today the story is totally different, you can comfortably open and verify a PayPal account right here in Nigeria without hitches. Among all the Nigeria Banks, Firstbank of Nigeria has taken the lead in providing a PayPal account services. Nigerians can now open a PayPal account in Nigeria through First bank’s online banking platform
Credit: FirstBaknk’s FirstOnline
If you are in Nigeria and still wondering how you can open a PayPal account, below is guide for opening of PayPal account in Nigeria through First bank’s online banking platform.
How to open a PayPal account with Firstbank
To open a PayPal account with First bank;
• First, Open a saving or current account with First bank and subscribe for First Bank’s online banking platform (FirstOnline).
• Login to FirstOnline
• Choose “PayPal” in the main tab and click on “Create PayPal Wallet” on the sub menu.
• Select which card you wish to link to your PayPal account and which Card will be your default card then click on “Continue” button.
• On the next page displayed, review you information, generate and input your token code to confirm the account creation request.
• In a new popup window displayed; create your PayPal password.
• Click on “Agree and create account”
• Once you click on “agree and create account”, you’re good to go. You will receive an automatic confirmation message on FirstOnline with an email confirming your account creation
Here are things you have to know about Firstbank PayPal account
• Any PayPal account created on FirstOnline is activated and verified immediately. You do not need to do any other form of activation or verification. FirstBank partner with PayPal to provide their customers with a convenient and innovative way of online shopping, and Sending of Money to people anywhere.
• First Bank is the only Nigerian Bank that is partnering with PayPal at present.
• With your PayPal account on FirstBank’s Internet Banking (FirstOnline), you can easily and conveniently make use of PayPal. PayPal accounts with unverified Card details will be subject to a transaction limit pending verification. You can also select different Cards to attach with PayPal and choose the Card you wish to use when making payment.
• Subscribing for FirstOnline as a Firstbank customer gives you instant access to all of PayPal’s service offerings.
•My case may be different from yours, but only one fact is essential. You can easily link your FirstBank MasterCard and Visa cards (which are enabled for online international transactions) to your PayPal account.